.post-body { -webkit-touch-callout: none; -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none; }

Friday, March 11, 2016

It has been raining, raining, and more raining (not correct grammer but who cares, it's raining) here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest...I've been spending all my time lately on a HUGE project, I am finally painting my kitchen cabinets, finally, after 10 yrs of saying, "I'm gonna paint my kitchen cabinets!" and then Spring comes, gardening begins, and I head outside till November! Then Christmas comes...you get the idea, right?! post signature


Here is the before:

I will continue to post pictures as I go along, it is a long slow process, it takes the paint 24 hrs to dry in between coats, so for each section I am working on it takes around 6 days start to finish. I am sanding the VERY HARD MAPLE doors, and drawers, coating twice with Zinsser Bulls Eye 1, 2, 3 primer, and then Ace Hardware Cabinet paint...very tough stuff, 4 coats. Two years ago, I painted every door, every baseboard, every everything in my house glorious white!

When I finally sit down, here is where I do that with a cup of tea, it is my haven from the rain and dreary leaden skies.

2 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

That is a HUGE project and I can't wait to see it all done! You have a "few" things on your plate, so don't be discouraged with the timing of the kitchen cabinets getting painted.
Nice to see a new post! Miss you.
warmly,
deb

Brooke Higgins said...

Nice post. Luton parking meet and greet